Welcome to the Recipe for fun – bringing together a range of community based initiatives to encourage children and their families across the borough the opportunity to find the fun in healthy food.
As part of the Tower Hamlets Healthy Borough programme (2009-2011) a number of local schemes were developed with the same long-term goals as the Department of Health’s Change4Life campaign; to help everyone to maintain a healthy weight throughout their lives, reducing the risk of diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer.
These schemes included
- Buywell – providing healthy fruit and veg in the community
- Community cookbook – children providing their favourite recipes
- Cook4Life – helping parents and carers to prepare healthy recipes
- Eating out – local restaurant that have achieved Gold, Silver or Bronze status in our Food for Health awards
- Healthy lunchbox – making packed lunches healthy